6.22.2011

You as ART!

As many of you know I am working on expanding my fine art portfolio for my January submission to the East Carolina University School of Art and Design MFA program. There are only two spots available each year, so I really want to knock the socks off the selection committee with my submission. My plan is to begin a series of works that deal with the sensory experiences that trigger our memories. As this is such a broad topic, I will be focusing on the sensory elements that create “home”. 
I know this may sound a bit strange and hard to picture. I am still working on fully realizing the concept myself. Here are a few solid facts that will help define the parameters of the project. I hope that these will be helpful in making your decision about participating. 
-You do not have to be a client of mine or become a client to participate. All ages are welcome, however I would prefer to work with individuals who are 18 years and older. 
-I will be asking you questions about your childhood home, and places you occupied in the time in between. This information will be used to create a piece that visually states your unique experience. It is important that you are able to communicate these things to me so that I can accurately represent your experience.
-Your portrait will be made in my studio or on location, depending on the nature of the piece we are creating together. 
-There will be NO nudity or obligations to do anything that you are uncomfortable with. 
This is where you may choose to participate or perhaps pass the information on to someone else. If you are interested in participating in this experience, please contact me via phone or email. I will be happy to answer any questions you may have about the series, to the best of my ability. 
Thanks for reading!
All the best,
Erica Letchworth

2 comments:

Carol said...

Hi Erica! Sounds like an intriguing project... Oh and have I told you, "I am very proud of you"! (((big hugs)))

:) Cookie

E.L. said...

Thank you Cookie! You're the best : )